Job Vacancy – Apply before September 25, 2023
About Nahdet El Mahrousa
Nahdet El Mahrousa (NM) is an Egyptian not-for-profit, non-governmental organization (NPO/NGO) that builds the capacities of organizations to expand their social impact. We do so by offering customized programs and resources to social enterprises and civil society organizations, and by creating a strong community that links together youth and social innovators with civil society operators, private sector organizations, academic institutions, government agencies, and international organizations.
About Garage El Mahrousa
Garage El Mahrousa (El Garage) is Nahdet El Mahrousa’s co-working space and community hub.
It primarily offers a friendly, cozy, authentic workspace in downtown Cairo to entrepreneurs and professionals at a great value. It offers customizable, accessible packages and access to exclusive events and a community of social entrepreneurs and innovators.
The space also hosts a variety of events like trainings, workshops, roundtable, and panel discussions, and more. With a special focus on the creative sectors, the space also serves as a venue for a range of exhibitions, art workshops, and film screenings.
El Garage was designed to support entrepreneurs and innovators build, develop, and scale their social impact by providing access to tools and resources Nahdet El Mahrousa has been accumulating for more than two decades.
Position Title: Community Manager
Position Location: 2 Al Qadi El Fadel Street, Downtown
Position Duration: One year contract (renewable upon performance appraisal)
Job Closing Date: September 25, 2023
Target Start Date: Immediately
About the Position
The Community Manager will be responsible for building and nurturing the Garage community and all what that entails from planning activities, communicating with (prospective) members/clients, coming up with relevant services, and events planning and management. The essence of this role is ensuring there is a growing community base for El Garage that has a sense of belonging and ownership to the space. The role involves ideating and implementing community-driven events and initiatives that serve Garage El Mahrousa’s mandate and improving its members’ overall experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Community engagement and relationship building:
- Understand Garage El Mahrousa’s mandate and thoroughly analyze its target audience’s needs and requirements.
- Manage communications and relations with members, onboard new memebers and make sure the space is as inviting and productive as can be.
- Propose, plan, and implement monthly events that draw in new members and allow existing members to network and connect.
- Collect members feedback and recommends needed relevant actions
- Community Events management:
- Work with NM’s communications team on developing online campaigns for attracting new members, and on developing email newsletters (or their equivalent) to engage current and former members.
- Handle all operational and administrative tasks and duties to host events and ensure their KPIs are successfully met.
- Coordinate any logistical needs or requirements with other functional departments to ensure effectiveness and success of events and activations.
- Internal and external Communications
- Work with Garage team on responding to and addressing all inquiries, requests, or conflicts, whether online or offline, to ensure better customer experience and community engagement.
- Administrative and Financial duties
- Prepare and submit required internal administrative, M&E and financial reports as needed.
- Handle and settle budget and financials needed to perform work duties and adhere to organizational policies.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, socially savvy individual, who networks with ease and enjoys connecting with like-minded people. Ideally, the candidate would also fulfill the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, political science, or other relevant fields
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, at least 3 of which would be in sales or other customer facing roles
- Previously worked in community related or customer relationship fields
- Skills and competencies:
- Active personality that thrives in events and relationship building.
- Ability to work in dynamic teams.
- Agility, creative problem solving, and troubleshooting/crisis management skills.
- Flexibility, curiosity, and the willingness and desire to learn continuously.
- Customer relationship building ability to handle customers and maintain good relationships.
The candidate should also be:
- A self-starter and entrepreneurial individual who is able to work independently
- Creative, ready with new ideas, and enjoys challenges
- Keen to learn, grow and develop
- Disciplined and sets own deadlines.
- Proactive, collaborative, and comfortable working in a team
- Open to relatively flexible working hours
Some travel to the governorates might be required.
If you are a self-motivated individual who believes in the mission and vision of NM and has the above-mentioned skills and qualifications, please fill in the application form while making sure you upload your updated CV and a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for the position.
NM is an equal opportunity employer.