NM is a unique hub of Egyptian young professionals, social change agents, and leaders in their fields. Board, staff, members, mentors, and of course social entrepreneurs, each is passionate about and committed to social change in Egypt
At NM, we leverage the ideas and power of social innovators to tackle Egypt's toughest social challenges. We believe Egypt’s young professionals have what it takes to address our problems. At NM, we offer a platform for building social enterprises, along with a network of supportive, like-minded people, to help turn our dreams into reality.
Our work centers on the concepts of social entrepreneurship and social enterprise/start-ups. Over the past 8 years, NM has supported more than 40 social start-ups and enterprises from a wide range of fields. Our currently incubated social start-ups impact over 50,000 beneficiaries annually
At Nahdet el Mahrousa, our extended network consists of Egyptians who are passionate about social entrepreneurship and committed to building Egypt together and from within. NM and our social enterprises are always looking for individuals and organizations to join our movement. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
Since its inception, NM has been open platform for innovators, social entrepreneurs, and the development community. These individuals gather to further their mission, meet like-minded people, learn about current issues, transform perceived challenges into opportunities, and find meaningful ways to contribute to Egypt’s development.
Status/stage of development:fully incubated at Nahdet El Mahrousa , Not Registered
Green Arm is a civil society organization formed to address the many challenges of the Egyptian urban environment. Their people are social and environmental activists, many of whom were the founding fathers of the cycling movement in Egypt.
To achieve widespread cultural change towards socially responsible green living in urban communities and advocate for better streets and public spaces that enable healthier and lifestyles.
· Promote the culture of active and environmentally-responsible lifestyles throughout the cities of Egypt, with focus on sustainable transportation issues; walking, cycling, public transportation, and the enabling environment and cultural change.
· Become a reference point for environmental initiatives and a platform for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
· Establish and expand a network of professionals in the field of environment and sustainability along with promotion of sustainability activism on the local level.
· Support young initiatives and activists and enable them to qualify for incubation or entrepreneurship competitions elsewhere.
· Promote existing sustainability movements in Egypt that encourage social change.
· Conducting research on issues of sustainable transportation and the urban environment and providing policy advice.
· Managing and implementing environmental events and campaigns (street campaigns, media campaigns, media production and publications, etc).
· Implementing pilot projects for upgrading urban environments.
· Designing and implementing training programmes.
Members of the Green Arm are social and environmental activists. The diverse group gathers founding fathers of the cycling movement in Egypt, academics specialized in issues of urban planning and transportation, experts in Social Entrepreneurship, environmental consultants, young leaders in the environmental movement in Egypt, social media experts, and development professionals.